Tuesday 14 April 2009

Why the British Pub is dying.....




Apart from the fact that you're no longer able to smoke inside a pub the fact , like this pub in Chislehurst in Kent unless you're a regular they won't serve you. The other day I decided to go for a pint - not very often that I can afford to anymore especially when they charge up to £3.50 for a pint as they do here.

There was a gentleman in front of me so I patiently waited until he had been served and then the bar maid said that she was going to serve these other people first - so I left quickly and thanked my lucky stars that at least I knew where I stood in these parts - pay your council tax and get treated like scum - its the same at the cafe Mrs. Bridges across the road from this pub and Ive always wondered why Ive never made any effort to get involved with these people - now I dont!!!

No comments: